Description: The English skills acquired at school level often determine children"s
future academic success and effectiveness in social interaction. With a
comprehensive learning package of language skills, Real English trains school learners to use English confidently for academic purposes and real-life communication.
The role of the Supplementary Readers in the course needs special emphasis. The learner"s mind grasps the
structure, flow and rythm of a language through exposure to various
forms of writing. The Supplementary Readers familiarize
learners with the world of literature, guiding and enabling them to
explore it on their own. This features of the Readers include:
• a rich selection of traditional, classic and contemporary literature
• a variety of genres like short stories, excerpts from novels, plays and poems
• pluralistic and representative of cultures at home and abroad
• comprehensive tests, tasks to encourage literacy appreciation and interesting activities
• emphasis on the interest factor and experiential value.
Stories Come from • Little Girls Wiser than Men • All the World"s a
Stage • The Adventure Story for Children • Your Religion is Your
Religion• I ma the People, the Mob • Once There was a King • The Child"s
Story • Peddler Polly.
About the Author: Cheryl Jacob was educated at St. Stephen"s College, Delhi, and the Delhi School of Economics.
Pursuing her interest in the English language and literature, she
completed CELTA for English teachers. Cheryl has taught at the British
School and Jesus and Mary College, both in New Delhi. She is currently
an ELT writer and editor.