Description: Nursing students of different levels are expected to have varying research skills. This book aims to provide students of all levels with a solid understanding of nursing research and its role in contemporary nursing practice. The salient features of the book are:
• student-friendly style
• self-explanatory and attractive diagrams
• example-oriented and practice-based content
• companion website
• unique chapters on "initiating research and overcoming obstacles" and quality improvement in Nursing Research
• reviewed by a panel of national and international experts
• written for both graduate and postgraduate courses in nursing and a useful reference book to PhD research scholars
• based on INC and KUHS syllabus
• up-to-date and clinically relevant content
• useful as a reference text for various competitive examinations including PG entrance, PhD entrance, PSC exams, etc.
• must read reference text to all interested in Nursing Research in academics and service
Contents: Concept of Nursing Research • Initiating Research and Overcoming Obstacles • Research Process • Research Problem • Hypothesis • Searching the Literature • Conceptual and Theoretical Framework • Ethical Considerations in Nursing Research • Research Design • Research Proposal • Identification of Participants and Data Collection • Data Analysis and Interpretation • Communication and Utilization of Nursing Research and Critique of Research Report • Evidence-Based Nursing • Quality Improvement in Nursing Research • Introduction to Statistics • Appendix I: Useful References for Writing and Presenting Research • Appendix II :List of Funding Sources for Nursing Research • Appendix III: Important Websites for Scientific Nursing Research • Appendix IV: Experiences of Post-graduate Students in their Nursing Projects • Appendix V:Evaluation Criteria for Dissertation and Viva for M.Sc. Nursing • Appendix VI: ‘t’ Table Value • Appendix VII: Significant Values of c2
About thr Author: Dr R. Bincy, Vice Principal, Government College of Nursing, Thiruvananthapuram, has twenty-one years’ teaching and eighteen years’ research experience. Having completed her postgraduation from the same college with first rank, she received a PhD from the University of Kerala in 2004. Dr Bincy was recognized as a PhD Guide by the PhD Consortium constituted by the WHO and Indian Nursing Council. She is also a PhD Guide in the University of Kerala. Certain other universities — Karnataka, Dr MGR University, Tamil Nadu and Vinayaka University, Salem — have enlisted her name as PhD examiner.
Trained on Trauma Care Nursing from Lomalinda University, California, USA, she has authored several publications of national and international repute. Besides being a regular and active leader at various national and international workshops, she has guided a number of postgraduate students in their research projects.